Presentations available from Knowledge & Library Connectivity Conference, Oct. 19-21, 2005
Previous training materials available
- Finding transportation information: a tutorial (PPT, 5.2 MB; opens in new window), created by Janet Bix of Ohio DOT (October 2005)
- Overview of TLCat (PPT, 879 KB, opens in new window), created by Janet Bix of Ohio DOT (2004)
Join national pooled fund study to increase library connectivity
- Learn more about the benefits of the study
- View the new National Transportation Knowledge Network (NTKN) video and transcript.
- Transportation in the Information Age, (6-page brochure)
- "MTKN: Making Progress," an update for the SLA Transportation Division, February 2005.
For background on the importance of knowledge networks for transportation:
- Transportation Information Resource Management: Articles and Reports, Mn/DOT Library, www.dot.state.mn.us/library/access.html.
- 2002 Midwest Conference on Library and Information Resources for
Transportation, Midwest Regional University Transportation Center,
- "Transportation Libraries Help Keep DOTs Up to Date," September/October 2003 issue of Public Roads at www.tfhrc.gov/pubrds/03sep/iwatch.htm.
- "New Search Tool for Transportation Information a Huge Success," The Urban Transportation Monitor, vol. 18, no. 19, October 15, 2004. (Posted with permission from the publisher.)
- "Online transport library resource," Inside ITS, July 15, 2004. Available online to subscribers.
- "OCLC releases Transportation Libraries Catalog," Library Journal, June 21, 2004.
- "A network of information resources at your fingertips," OhioNetwork, May/June 2004, p.1 (PDF).
- "Transportation Libraries Catalog created from WorldCat," OCLC Online Computer Library Center press release, May 28, 2004.
- "A network of information at your fingertips," CTS Report, April 2004.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view PDF files.